Lake Ridge Schools must:
1. Identify students with high ability in all grades, K-12, in accordance with the Indiana Definition of High Ability Student*. At this time the required domains of high ability that Indiana schools must identify for are the General Intellectual and Specific Academic domains (math and/or ELA)
2. Record the relevant identification on the Student Test Number (STN). HA-LA, HA – Math, or HA- General Intellectual
3. Provide “appropriately differentiated curriculum and instruction” to identified students in the relevant core content area(s).
4. Provide professional development in high ability education.
5. Establish a Broad Based Planning Committee that will meet at least once per year to review the program.
6. Evaluate the program.
7. Align with the strategic and continuous school improvement and achievement plans under IC 20-31-5-4 for schools within the school corporation.
8. Report annually to the IDOE on the programs and how the state grant to the corporation for high ability programs was used.
*The Indiana state definition of 'high ability student' is a student who performs at, or shows the potential for performing at, an outstanding level of accomplishment in at least one (1) domain when compared to other students of the same age, experience, or environment; and is characterized by exceptional gifts, talents, motivation, or interests.