Identity Theft is a Growing Concern
Along with reviewing credit reports and financial statements for unauthorized activity, there are a number of smart steps you can take online to protect your personal information:
* Create passwords that would be hard for others to guess. Use a combination of numbers and letters if possible.
* Avoid clicking on pop-up ads or downloading material from unknown sites.
* Use your own computer to access financial and other sensitive personal data.
* Be sure to log out of a website each time you finish conducting transactions online.
* Avoid giving your personal information to unknwon parties online or in e-mail.
* Resist using free public wireless connections for personal or financial transactions.
* Use and regularly update antivirus and antispyware software.